The following items are not acceptable for shipping by most international carriers. Additional restrictions may apply depending on destination.
Various regulatory clearances in addition to Customs clearance may be required for certain commodities, thereby extending the transit time.
- Alcoholic beverages (e.g., beer, wine, spirits).
- Human corpses, human organs or body parts, human and animal embryos, or cremated or disinterred human remains.
- Explosives and incendiary devices. Firearms, weaponry, and their parts or ammunition.
- Perishable foodstuffs and foods/beverages requiring refrigeration or other environmental control.
- Live animals, eggs, larva, live insects, live spiders.
- Ivory and endangered animals.
- Plants and plant material, including cut flowers.
- Cigarettes (including roll-your-own tobacco) and smokeless tobacco products, as defined by applicable Postal Service regulations for
domestic or international mail.
- Lottery tickets and gambling devices where prohibited by local, state, provincial, or national law.
- Money (coins, cash, currency, paper money and negotiable instruments equivalent to cash such as endorsed stocks, bonds and cash letters).
- Pornographic and/or obscene material.
- Hazardous waste, including, but not limited to, used hypodermic needles or syringes or other medical waste.
- Shipments that may cause damage to, or delay of, equipment, personnel, or other shipments.
- Shipments that require us to obtain any special license or permit for transportation, importation or exportation.
- Shipments or commodities whose carriage, importation or exportation is prohibited by any law, statue or regulation.
- hipments with a declared value for customs in excess of that permitted for a specific destination.
- Dangerous goods, hazardous goods or combustible materials as defined by International Air Transport Association, or by applicable Postal
Service regulations for domestic or international mail, including but not limited to:
- Category A infectious substances.
- Compressed gases, including those that are flammable or those that are nonflammable with an absolute
pressure exceeding 40 psi at 70ºF or 104 psi at 130º F.
- Corrosives (liquid or solid).
- Dry ice (carbon dioxide solid).
- Flammable materials, including pyrophoric, flammable, or combustible liquids with a closed cup flash point below 200º F; or
flammable solids, including matches.
- Magnetized material with a magnetic field strength of .002 gauss or more at a distance of 7 feet.
- Poisons, irritants, or controlled substances.
- Lithium Batteries
- Processed or unprocessed dead animals, including insects and pets.
- Drugs/narcotics (illegal) or drug paraphernalia.
- Packages that are wet, leaking, or emit an odor of any kind.
- Wildlife products that require U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service export clearance prior to exportation from the U.S.